The remedies are simple and inexpensive and are known to work well with all age groups and situations. The home remedies for insomnia are about making a few modifications in your lifestyle (such as eating habits and sleeping time), and you can see a marked improvement in your situation if you adhere to them.
Let us discuss a few highly effective remedies for insomnia:
- Drink honey before you go to sleep. Take a glass of warm water and mix a tablespoon of honey in it. Honey is considered to be one of the most effective home remedies for insomnia.
- Drink a glass of cabbage juice every day, as it is known to cure insomnia.
- Milk is considered to be one of the most effective home remedies. Before you go to sleep, drink a glass of warm milk, and it will ensure a good night’s sleep. You can also mix some honey in the milk.
- Bottle gourd is one of the most effective remedies. Ensure that you eat bottle gourd as part of your diet every day. You can also massage your scalp with a solution prepared from sesame oil and bottle gourd juice every night before you go to sleep.
- Ensure that you have yogurt daily. You can also have a good night’s sleep by massaging a tablespoon of yogurt on your forehead.
- Prepare a solution using one teaspoon honey, milk, and half tablespoon aniseed; drink the solution before you go to sleep. This is considered to be one of the best home remedies for insomnia.
- Include a lot of vitamin B in your diet.
- Refrain from situations that could excite your nerves (for example: a tense baseball game) immediately before you go to sleep. Your sleep is likely to be disturbed if you are excited for any reason.
- You also need to watch your lifestyle to find possible home remedies for insomnia. Cut down on your sleep during the daytime if you have been having trouble sleeping at night. Also, it pays to engage in some kind of physical activity or exercise. Physical activity has been found to be an effective remedy for insomnia. Also stay away from oily and spicy food and avoid smoking and drinking too much alcohol. Alcohol is known to deplete body fluids and can keep you from sleeping well.
You must note that while these are safe and proven home remedies for insomnia, you need to find out the most suitable remedy for yourself. Our bodies are unique, and they react to different remedies differently. You are the best person to judge the most effective home remedies for insomnia.
SereniteJr — Promotes healthy sleep patterns and restful nights for children and babies