Friday, June 1, 2018
Tuesday, January 24, 2017
I'm sure you know that commercial skin care products are loaded with chemicals, some of which may be harmful. You can make facial scrub from only two ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen — cocounut oil and baking soda.
Mix equal parts of coconut oil and baking soda, mix them well and keep them in a jar. I've tried this myself and it made my skin smooth and taut. Try at your own risk.
Wednesday, March 18, 2015
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Wednesday, June 11, 2014
This method involves the use of healing herbs and foods and the use of right diets to affect healing in a natural and safe way.
Asthma Natural Healing
Here are some useful tips for asthma natural healing:
- Diet: The right diet for asthma patients is one low in carbohydrates and sugar and high in proteins. Such a diet helps reduce the frequency of asthma attacks, as it curbs any sudden blood sugar fluctuation, which precipitate an attack.
- Healing foods: Cruciferous vegetables, such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower, brussels sprouts and kohlrabi contain sulforaphane, a compound that helps reduce lung inflammation characteristic of asthma. Sulforaphane stimulates several antioxidant enzymes, which produce long-lasting antioxidant activity. Turmeric or Curcuma Longa also has active ingredients that are anti-inflammatory, with healing properties that help patients breathe well.
- Healing herbs: Herbs such as basil leaves, fenugreek and turmeric are also effective in preventing asthma attacks. You can chew some basil leaves with honey or rock salt in the morning; or combine a teaspoon of turmeric powder with a tablespoon of honey for an effective cure of asthma.
- Alternative therapy: Alternative therapies such as yoga and acupuncture are also effective asthma natural healing techniques. Controlled breathing in yoga helps build resistance to asthma attacks, improves physical condition and decreases anxiety. Acupuncture also works well, when combined with a balanced diet and the right herbal remedies. For instance, one must avoid foods such as dairy and meat products. These help decrease not only the quantity of medications, but also the frequency of asthma attacks.
- Exercise: To prevent exercise-induced asthma attacks, include foods rich in vitamin C an hour before your exercise session.
Fruits, such as kiwi, papaya, strawberry and guava, are also rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants that help prevent lung damage. A daily diet rich in vitamin C helps alleviate allergy and asthma. Spinach, rich in magnesium, is also an effective asthma natural healing food. Diets that lack magnesium often result in increased blood histamine levels that lead to allergies and asthma. Besides, asthmatics must also avoid foods such as peanuts, meat, egg yolks, foods with sulphites and dairy products, as they are known to trigger asthma attacks.
You can also have licorice roots boiled in a cup of water on slow flame. Have two teaspoons of slow boiled spiegel seeds in water twice a day; boil fenugreek seeds in water until it is reduced to half the original quantity, add some honey and ginger juice and have it. Boil linseed (20 gm) in water (300 ml), until it reduces to half the original amount. Then, add some sugar and sip a teaspoon every hour for natural healing of asthma.
Before beginning any asthma natural healing technique, it is important to consult a qualified physician. You must also speak to your physician before stopping your medications.